Chapel of the Annunziata
The Chapel of the Annunziata was built in 1411 on the orders of the Spanish Cardinal Pedro Fernandez De Frias. It was part of an Augustinian complex, started in the first half of the thirteenth century. The chapel is rectangular in shape, its walls entirely covered with one of the most important examples of late Gothic painting in Lazio.
Cardinal De Frias was also archpresbyter of St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican and the decoration he chose follows the iconographic models of the mediaeval Vatican church. A succession of craftsmen worked over the years in the creation of the paintings.
Via dell'Annunziata, 59, 04010 Cori (LT)
9:30am to 12:30pm, 3pm to 5.30pm
Photography is allowed.
Cisterna di Latina station and local bus line.
Parking along the street.
Access to the site is via a staircase.